Thinking about making BBQ sauce myself. I’ve tried different recipe once but I forget to wrote down the ingredients. This time I try the real recipes. After I bought all the things I need and can get, I start to make the sauce. But instead of making full recipe, I only make one-fourth of the recipe. There were three ingredients I couldn’t get, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. So I kinda modified the recipe a little bit.
I tried it out with chicken wings and it turn out really good. I only use one-third of the sauce and keep the rest of the sauce in a bottle at fridge.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 150 ml ketchup
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 150 gr brown sugar –> I mixed palm sugar (50 g) and white sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes –> I don’t use it because I can’t get it.
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder –> I substituted with 1 tablespoon finely chop garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a container, mix apple cider vinegar, ketchup, paprika, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce & lemon juice.
- Cook all ingredients in a pan until thickened.
- Keep in bottles and it can be use up to 1 month.